Subject: Re: ssh searching its files in /.ssh instead of $HOME/.ssh
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

24 Aug 1998 02:30:55 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Michael, you wrote:
>[...]
>>BTW2: Is there any Interest in posting the FAQ periodically to this
>>list? IMHO it would save a lot of time if everyone always had the
>>up-to-date FAQ without having to ftp- or www-download it. I would
>>volunteer for that, too.
>Yep, would really be great.
>I already thought of doing this, but definitely hadn't the time to write
>and maintain another FAQ :)
>I would add a few questions and answers, though, if I can find the time.
>
>I also would provide the necessary ftp and/or web space for a net based
>version of such a FAQ.
Mhmm, I didn't really mean that I want to write another FAQ. I don't
even have the time for writing documentation for my programs. ;)
I just thought of creating an up-to-date text version of cygnus' FAQ
they hold at www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/somewhere and posting it
here periodically. I thought of something automated using wget and a
html2text-converter.

Would this be okay? Are there any plans like this at Cygnus already?
Is there already any up-to-date text version? Geoffrey?

Of course it would be better if someone at Cygnus did this because
they sit directly at the source.

But I definitly can't do the FAQ maintainer because my time is already
to short to do all I want/have to. Sorry if I waked hope...

-- 
Micha
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".