Subject: Re: I: VC++5.0 stdarg.h works in cygwin32
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

22 Aug 1998 14:26:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Michael Czapski <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Michael Czapski wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> For a multi-platform project I had a need to use variable length argument lists 
> in C.  In VC++ (just the C part :-)) the stdarg.h was included and the code 
> works using va_start, va_end, etc..  The same code, compiled with gcc in the 
> cygwin32 environment breaks as there is no stdarg.h provided either in the 
> B19.x or in EGCS and varargs.h, which is provided in both, is non-ANSI.  For 
> these who are interested the VC++5.0 stdarg.h, copied with no changes, will 
> work just fine in the cygwin32 environment and will provide ANSI variable 
> argument list support.

Every version of gcc for mingw32/cygwin32/what-not has always come with
stdarg.h and varargs.h as part of gcc. Did you do a file search and come
up empty? If so, there is something wrong with the distribution.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".