Subject: Re: gcc and Win32 DLL
From: [email-masked] (Pete Jordan)

20 Aug 1998 17:43:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Srinivas Desirazu (1392)) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Can gcc build a Win32 DLL that can be used from MSVC++ 5.0.

Yes.

> If so could someone post a pointer on how to do this.

I'll be posting full instructions on 
http://www.skydancer.demon.co.uk/gnu-win32/ soon, but basically you use 
the instructions for building a relocatable DLL. You need a
"--subsystem windows" on the ld lines and an appropriate "-e" parameter 
for your DLL entry point ("-e D_DllMain@12" in my case). Depending on how 
VC++ in configured, you'll need to do name mangling in your .def file - 
stuff like:

EXPORTS
	Command=Command@8

assuming you have a stdcall function called Command() with two parameters.

HTH,

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"You know how that camel does it? He just closes one of his eyes and
 flops back his ears and plunges right through. A camel is mighty
 narrow when he closes one eye and flops back his ears. Besides, they
 use a big-eyed needle in the act."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".