Subject: Support for malign-double?
From: [email-masked] (Toshiyuki Nakata)

20 Aug 1998 11:55:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I sent the folowing mail to Mr. Khan, but I suspect some other people
might be interested so I am sending the mail here as well.(With
modifications to make the mail abit more understandable)
Best Regards
Toshiyuki
[email-masked]
------- Forwarded Message

I have one question on performance related issue.

Do you support -malign-double in mingwin-32 and gnuwin-32 (egcs-1.0.2)?

The reason is that I have been comparing the performance of a user's
application on linux and Winnt and the interesting thing to note is that

They are comparable for integer performance but  linux performance is
about 20% better for floating point intensive application.

I tried various optimization flags and my impression is that on mingwin,
the performance of  floating point programs do not change with/without
the
- -malign-double option.

while with the linux box I get 10 to 20% better performance for
floating-point intensive applications if I specify the
-malign-double 
option.

Best  Regards

Toshiyuki Nakata
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".