Subject: Compiling gnu-win32 from scratch
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

19 Aug 1998 08:50:29 -0700
Message-ID: <F3332E1142DFD111873E0000F879A2BA0FADBE.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

I have to compile the gnu-win32 environment from scratch (see below for
why).
I have downloaded the b19 source. Do I need ecgs? or can I use gcc?
(which is best?). Are there any written instructions to the compilation
process, or is it the usual configure/make that we all love?

I have about 40 people who want to connect to my gnu-win32 server to run
a character app developed in the gnu-win32 environment. They have to
connect using telnet, but the maximum number of connections I can get is
10 (ish).

I got the information awhile ago that all I had to do was modify tty.h
(NTTYS) from the gnu-win32 tar ball and recompile. Is this correct?

Many regards,
Ian Collins
(Been away on a VB *scream* project - back again).
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".