Subject: Re: cp/mv/rm problems with .exe extension filenames
From: [email-masked] (Pete Jordan)

18 Aug 1998 17:27:16 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Steven Hein <[email-masked]> wrote:

> cp vim /bin
> 
> The command failed because the file 'vim' did not exist--it is vim.exe!

Depending on what version of GNUconf is being used, there may be a 
configure option to set an executable suffix. --program-suffix=.exe is 
what you're looking for.

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"You know how that camel does it? He just closes one of his eyes and
 flops back his ears and plunges right through. A camel is mighty
 narrow when he closes one eye and flops back his ears. Besides, they
 use a big-eyed needle in the act."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".