Subject: Re: How to detect win9 vs NT?
From: [email-masked]

16 Aug 1998 19:04:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

In a message dated 8/15/98 10:36:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> a list of routines that don't work and (hopefully) the corrected
>  version for W95?
I'm not expert on this subject; I've just run across a couple which either
don't work in W95 but do in NT or would work better with WinAPI calls than
they do at present.  Also, I'm no expert on WinAPI, but at least I don't have
any knowledge which would violate copyright if transferred.  I'd be willing to
follow up leads and try to develop such a list.

To begin with, I believe there are some failures in Dave Love's libU77 test
suite which may be of this nature.  Easier ones are to change cpu_time() et al
so they work in W95, which I'm working on now, and to change sys_clock() so it
can time intervals up to an hour if used carefully.  clock() is another which
fails in W95.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".