Subject: Re: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)
From: [email-masked] (CyberJack)

16 Aug 1998 07:06:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: [email-masked] (CyberJack)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 02:48 PM 8/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
>
>That is a good point; it does make sense for the install process to be
>windows aware because, after all, this is windows software. A
>product like that might also help developers building stand alone
>applications with cygwin to distribute them easier.  Does anyone know if
>it would be difficult to extend rpm with windows specific features like
>registry settings?

How about having InstallSheild install the base system then launch an rpm
based install for any optional packages.
That would make since to me. Or look at the U/WIN base install package. It
has a fairly thorough install/uninstall that removes registry settings and
any additionally installed packages.

David

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".