Subject: Re: cp/mv/rm problems with .exe extension filenames
From: [email-masked]

16 Aug 1998 05:16:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

> Date:          Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:50:28 -0500
> From:          Steven Hein <[email-masked]>

> I recently downloaded a "GNU-style" (uses ./configure) software
> package (the unix version of vim 5.1, specifically).  

There is a "cygnus-style" port, I forgot which version

> It configured, and built as is, but
> when I went to install it, I found that the install targets in the
> Makefile couldn't copy the binary to /bin (where I wanted it).  The
> problem boiled down to trying to do a:
> 
> cp vim /bin
> 
> The command failed because the file 'vim' did not exist--it is
> vim.exe!

I think editing the Makefile is the only sollution
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".