Subject: Re: OpenGL with mingw32
From: [email-masked] (Cliff Lee)

14 Aug 1998 08:47:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Larry Hall wrote:

>
>"D" is the MD designation for DLLs which are debug rather than release.
>My guess is you are compiling as debug, so MS is looking for the debug
>libraries.  If so, try compiling without debug (don't define DEBUG,
_DEBUG
>or use -g).  If this works, try putting the -g back in and leaving the
>defines out.  Something along these lines is likely going to be the
>clincher for you.
>
>
>Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
>RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053
>8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX
>Wellesley, MA  02181                    http://www.rfk.com

I thought that might be the problem with something screwy in the way I
compiled mesa, but with MS OpenGL and SGI OpenGL, the DLLs are already
pre-compiled. I assume that at least the MS OpenGL that comes with
Win95/98 is not a debug version. Besides, when I use "dlltool",
doesn't --dllname specify the name of the DLL that will be used?

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try again with mesa, making sure
I get a release version. Unfortunately, even if it works, I don't think
it will help with my other problem. That is, getting the error message
"linked to missing export GLU32.DLL:_gluPerspective." Hey, I just
noticed this, but why is this error message specifying GLU32.DLL, not
GLU32D.DLL? I think perhaps
--dllname doesn't exactly do what I think it does.

-Cliff

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".