Subject: Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Sturm)

14 Aug 1998 03:38:56 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

That's an interesting option I hadn't considered.  Disassociating the
Cygnus root from the Windows root need not affect the file system
hierarchy, except that normal Windows system directories (/winnt or
/windows) would not appear.

But the matter is orthogonal to the Cygnus filesystem hierarchy, which
can still use /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/share, etc.

[email-masked] wrote:
> Hopefully, any approach to this, and distribution,  will allow the Cygnus file
> system root (  /  ) to be somewhere a tier or two below C:/  on the native file
> system.  In my case, I'm using Cygwin for my own comfort and productivity, but
> the top level file system structure is supposed to be the same across my
> company.  Thus, my / is at something like C:/DATA/<payrollnumber>/cygnus.

-- 
Jeff Sturm
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".