Subject: building egcs for mingw32...
From: [email-masked] (Daniel Karipides)

14 Aug 1998 03:34:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I would like to request information on how to build an egcs snapshot
for a mingw32 target and host.  I realize that binaries of the
releases are available to save me the trouble.  For a variety of
reasons, I would like to be able to compile the compiler myself.  So,
if you have successfully built egcs for mingw32 using nothing but
cygwin/mingw32 and have the time to give the some pointers, that would
be greatly appreciated.

From reading this list and the egcs list, I assume that the following
is correct:

(1) Run configure and make in a cygwin32/bash shell.  This is for
    symbolic links and other unix-like features needed by the egcs
    build.

(2) Use the following options for configure:

    --target=i386-pc-mingw32
    --host=i386-pc-mingw32

A direct question would be what other options are necessary?
Specifically, is there a need for:

    --with-gnu-as?
    --with-gnu-ld?

    (these are the only assmeblers and linkers, so is this assumed?)

    --with-headers?
    --with-libs?

I tried a build with a minimum of configure options and it died
in gcc/toplev.c.  I'll leave deatils for the egcs list, but I think
this is the most apporpriate place to ask for starters.

-Dan
-----
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".