Subject: fork within a service process
From: [email-masked] (Peter Mularski)

14 Aug 1998 00:38:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "GNU-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

Hello,

I have been trying to use the fork call within a process that I set up as a
NT Service. Whenever the service tries to do a fork, it dies with the
following error message:

fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error 80

Any ideas? Error 80 is "The file exists". This is not very helpful. Anyone
have any idea why this would happen, and/or how I can fix it? Thanks in
advance...

Peter Mularski
CLARiiON

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".