Subject: Compiling/linking with MSVC++ 5.0
From: [email-masked]

13 Aug 1998 21:54:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

I've been trying to build an application using only the Microsoft Visual
C++ 5.0 compiler and linker.  After a number of problems, I've gotten the
errors down to four.  When I link in the Cygnus libraries, I get the
following linker errors:

libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__data_start__
libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__data_end__
libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__bss_start__
libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__bss_end__

These references to the beginning and ends of the .bss and .data segments
are apparently generated by the gnu compiler only..  Is there ANY way for
me to compile and link a gnu-win32  application using MSVC?? I realize
similar questions have been asked but i've seen no answers yet.. Any help
greatly appreciated!

john

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".