Subject: Problem porting program using regex
From: [email-masked] (Edmond Hui)

13 Aug 1998 18:57:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi! I'm trying to port a small program from Linux to Win32 using gnu-win32
and run into a problem.

One part of the program supposes to traverse the directories and create
a file list. It utilizes regex to filter out "." and ".." (this is need
to prevent infinite loop). Somehow, regex keeps complaining about all
search patterns, which are working perfectly under linux.

The patterns for regex are:

^\\.$
^\\.\\.$

I'm very green to regex and gnu-win32 in general and wondering what
might be the problem.

One thing I should mention is that regex.h is missing from b19, so I
downloaded regex-0.12 from cygnus's FTP site and put the .h file in the
appropiate place. (I wonder if this is the right one to use)

Thanks in advance

ED$
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".