Subject: OT:RE: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)
From: [email-masked]

13 Aug 1998 17:11:38 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: MULTIPART/MIXED; BOUNDARY="Boundary_(ID_LsYKx8jBjmAmgQynYQFl4w)"
To: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_LsYKx8jBjmAmgQynYQFl4w)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

#Well, I couldn't really say anything about the Debian tools since I've
#never used the Debian distribution, only RedHat and Slackware.  The rpm
#port to cygwin32 that I have seen is solid, and works fine with source
#rpms (haven't tried binary so don't quote me on this :).

I said InstallShield because I thought that this was the best installer from a 
Win32 level. Does 'rpm' etc work at the Win32 level, otherwise it's worse
than useless for the initial install.

Of course, it should go without saying that the package should be able to 
be uninstalled cleanly, (leaving not a trace of itself on the system).

Bob Cross.
Apologies for my lack of knowledge.

--Boundary_(ID_LsYKx8jBjmAmgQynYQFl4w)--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".