Subject: Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
From: [email-masked] (David Fox)

13 Aug 1998 06:57:58 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

[email-masked] (Pete Jordan) writes:

> IMHO everyone /should/ have both /usr and /var (and /etc and 
> /usr/local for that matter). A standard FS layout compatible with 
> Unix/linux would be no bad thing...

There seem to be two types of GNU-win32 users.  Those who are trying
to make a Windows system more Unixy, and those who are trying to make
Unix software work under Windows.  For the latter, the closer the
file system stays to the windows standard the better, so that its
easier to distribute the completed port to regular windows users.
-- 
David Fox          http://www.cat.nyu.edu/fox		xoF divaD
UCSD HCI Lab          [email-masked]          Bal ICH DSCU
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".