Subject: Re: Web Proxy server for Cygnus
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

13 Aug 1998 01:46:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi

    Anon> I posted a patch a few weeks ago for Apache 1.3.1. I'd be be
    Anon> interested in working with you to resolve any problems you
    Anon> find (with the exception of the file system stuff mentioned
    Anon> in the "file system bogosity" thread from last week or so).

    Anon> Check the mailing list archives at

    Anon>   http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/

    Anon> for the patch. The subject is, "[PATCH] b19.1: Apache
    Anon> 1.3.1".

    Anon> Since I didn't get any feedback, I haven't worked with it
    Anon> much since then.

In my case the compilation was out of the box without touching any
source code, but I had to include -lcrypt in some Makefile's.
I just ignored the warning about configure not knowing about 
"i586-whatever-CYGWIN32_NT|4.0|19.3".

Static pages work and even CGI as I tested until now works. The only
thing I get somtimes in the /usr/local/apache/var/log/error_log is the
following:

[Wed Aug 12 18:57:16 1998] [info] Server built: Jul 30 1998 17:42:09
[Wed Aug 12 18:58:28 1998] [error] (119)error 119: accept: (client socket)
[Wed Aug 12 18:58:29 1998] [error] (119)error 119: accept: (client socket)
[Wed Aug 12 19:00:09 1998] [error] (119)error 119: accept: (client socket)
[Wed Aug 12 19:00:14 1998] [error] (119)error 119: accept: (client socket)
[Wed Aug 12 19:00:14 1998] [error] (119)error 119: accept: (client socket)

Ciao

   Volker

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".