Subject: xauth not working correctly from sshd
From: [email-masked] (Daniel C. Benton Jr.)

12 Aug 1998 20:40:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

I have cygwin32 and sshd almost working on NT. I've checked
the mailing list archive for this error with xauth with sshd,
but it seems to be a new one....

---
From Felix, my NT4.0 SP3 system:

bash-2.01$ ssh -V
SSH Version 1.2.26 [i586-pc-cygwin32], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.

---
From Ebola, my Linux 2.0.34 system:

ebola:~$ ssh -V              
SSH Version 1.2.26 [i586-unknown-linux], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.

---
This is what is generated from 'ssh -v felix.sni.net'.
SSHD is running thru srvany.exe/inetd on the NT server 'felix':

ebola: Doing password authentication.
[email-masked]'s password: 
ebola: Requesting pty.
ebola: Failed to get local xauth data.
ebola: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
ebola: Requesting shell.
ebola: Entering interactive session.
/usr/X11R6.4/bin/xauth: (stdin):2:  bad display name "FELIX/unix:1.0" in "add"
command
bash-2.01$ 

---

I've tryed setting 'xhost +felix.sni.net' on the linux system,
and setting my DISPLAY variable to my linux system a number of
ways (ebola.sni.net:0 , ebola.sni.net:0.0 , :0.0 , etc.) - Xauth
still freaks out.

I know I've done something wrong, but what? I want to run vnc thru
sshd to my NT systems because, well, it's cool.

Thanks in advance,

Dan "What a cool project" Benton

--
"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, 
what *can* you believe?!"
                -- Bullwinkle J. Moose [Jay Ward]
--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".