Subject: Re: Has anyone ported an SQL server ???
From: [email-masked] (Ben Elliston)

12 Aug 1998 20:10:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Andrew Thompson <[email-masked]>

> > I am looking for a free SQL server (like MySQL) for the Cygwin
> > environment?

> There is none yet afaik.

A while back I ported part of the PostgreSQL dbms to Cygwin.  I had their
client side stuff working talking to a UNIX SQL server.  I got stuck on
their server due to the lack of shared memory support in Cygwin at the
time.

The lack of a portable threads implementation for Win32 is a problem with
MySQL.  Hopefully this will be solved soon :-).

Ben

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".