Subject: Re: mounts, ls, and filename completion
From: [email-masked] (Michael Mauch)

12 Aug 1998 03:55:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:36:05 -0700 (PDT), Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Now if you were to do:
>       mkdir //d/foo
>       mount -b //d/foo /foo
> that would be perfectly acceptable and would not confuse you or
> cygwin32.

Another question regarding mounts:

Is there a way to mount everything in binary mode, either on the command
line or in a C program? Something like _fmode = O_BINARY in other C
environments, but also for pipes and spawned processes?

I have many drive letters and the default mount mode of //c/ to //z/ is
text mode. Can I change them all to binary mode or do I really have to
mount each and every drive with `mount -b //c/ /c./´ to `mount -b //z/
/z./´?

Background:
I ported glimpse/glimpseindex to Cygwin and it works fine, iff I mount
everything in binary mode. I could change dozens of fopen()/open() to
use binary mode, but this would still not do the trick for pipes and
children (glimpse spawns "sort foo>bar" among others).

Regards...
		Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".