Subject: Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
From: [email-masked] (Pete Jordan)

12 Aug 1998 03:40:10 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Jeff Sturm <[email-masked]> wrote:

> More importantly, before RPM (or any package installer) will succeed on
> cygwin32 there should be some sort of filesystem standard, like the
> FSSTD for Linux.  Does everybody have a /usr directory?  Howabout /var? 
> The installer doesn't create these, so for now they are optional...

Quite so. IMHO everyone /should/ have both /usr and /var (and /etc and 
/usr/local for that matter). A standard FS layout compatible with 
Unix/linux would be no bad thing...

For myself, I use /usr etc. for the standard distribution and stuff 
everything else in /usr/local/... (please can we not have arguments for 
/opt/... here ;)

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"'Not twisted,' Salzy once said of her own passion, 'it is helical.
 That sounds better.'"
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".