Subject: Erratic Behavior Outside Bash
From: [email-masked] (Brian Osman)

11 Aug 1998 16:09:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNUWin32 <[email-masked]>

Hi,
We've been using the tools to build a medium sized scripting application
over the summer. Both devleopers have NT4 with SP3, using B19.1, and
we've recently installed the latest coolview. Now that we're approaching
the end of development, though, we've hit a snag. Our program (which
runs beautifully on our systems under bash) is very erratic when run
from the NT command prompt. We've witnessed all of the following
behavior:

1) Correct. It runs and does what it's supposed to.
2) It core dumps immediately.
3) It runs, and produces a dialog box titled "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem"
with the following message: "Command Prompt - cit.exe .. The NTVDM CPU
has encountered an illegal instruction .. CS:04f4 IP:1183 OP:f0 03 00 80
23"
4) On subsequent runs (after #3) it exits immediately, without any
output or errors. (Though it should always print the usage summary in
that case.)

Finally, attempting to debug from within NT Command Prompt was fruitless
(as I expected.) The program works fine in that case. It appears to only
be a problem when the parent process is not a GNU-Win32 application. Has
anyone else had these kinds of problems? Any ideas on how to fix them?

Brian Osman
Clariion Advanced Storage Solutions
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".