Subject: linking with PVM library?
From: [email-masked] (Wu Ming)

11 Aug 1998 04:44:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

gnu-win32:
   I want to do some job about Parallel computing by PVM under
   Window NT. I  already have the PVM communication library (
   libpvm3.lib) compiled by VC++ on Windows NT. I want to use
   GCC to compile a pvm program linked to libpvm3.lib. Can I do
   that and how to do ?
   When I made the attempt as follows, I got a huge amout of warnigs
   and a  few errors.
   gcc -o hello hello.c -I/pvm3/include /pvm3/lib/win32/libpvm3.lib
   /pvm3/lib/win32/libgpvm3.lib
   the result is :
   /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe: /pvm3
   /lib/win32/libpvm3.lib(WIN32/lpvmgen.obj):   warning:   ignoring
   ignoring duplicate section `.text'
   ......
   /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe: /pvm3
   /lib/win32/libpvm3.lib(WIN32): warning: ignoring duplicate section
   `.text'
   ......
   /pvm3/lib/win32/libpvm3.lib(WIN32/lpvmgen.obj)(.text+0x11e):
   C:\PVM3\src\lp: undefined reference to `_iob'
   gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

   Thanks A Bunch!

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".