Subject: Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

11 Aug 1998 04:07:35 -0700
Message-ID: <35d85c47.4809685.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Jeff Sturm <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Jeff,

You wrote:

>What do we need to adopt RPM?  Has anyone ported the rpm utilities yet?
>
>More importantly, before RPM (or any package installer) will succeed on
>cygwin32 there should be some sort of filesystem standard, like the
>FSSTD for Linux.  Does everybody have a /usr directory?  Howabout /var? 
>The installer doesn't create these, so for now they are optional...
Okay, any interest in writing a first draft and posting it for
discussion? :)

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".