Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: mailing list for discussion of enhancements in cygwin32
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

11 Aug 1998 03:57:29 -0700
Message-ID: <35d754ba.2868364.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Michael,

You wrote:

>>I now created a seperate mailing list for discussion of enhancements
>>in cygwin32 support to get questions about such things off this list.
>[...]
>As for me its a bad idea [tm] to split discussions between this list and
>another one. I'm interested inm the topics, but not in subscribing to a
>second list for it.
But the cygwin32 list has a defined scope: support of the cygwin32
environment. Creation of newsgroups are in my and others' opinion
outside of this scope and so better placed on a seperate list. So no
one searching for support will have to fight through a jungle of 
requests for a newsgroup and election forms for creating one.
*And* you'll get around the complaints of all the people that don't
want it discussed on the cygwin32 list... ;)

And as Steve Morris <[email-masked]> writes

>Only one person has expressed interest in joining a list to discuss creating a
>newsgroup. That is one less than my threshold for creating such a list. So far
>newsgroup creation is dying of apathy. If there is no nore interest than this
>it should die of apathy.

the approach will silently die if no one takes part.

>>Have a lot of fun with it... ;)
>Sorry, no 8-|
We could perhaps create a list for discussion of that!? ;-)))

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".