Subject: Re: problem with make
From: [email-masked] (Pete Jordan)

9 Aug 1998 19:11:48 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Stuart <[email-masked]> wrote:

> javac Applet.java -d e:/public_html
> 
> which says compile Applet.java to Applet.class, putting the class file
> in directory e:/public_html
> 
> Now, even with mount points and/or the use of the //e/public_html
> syntax, javac refuses to recognise this form of path.  I expected the
> mount point not to work and it says on the Cygwin32 web page that only
> cygwin32 tools know about mounting, and the JDK isnt such a toolset.
> So I guess I'm stuffed!

You could try wrapping javac in my debash program (you'll find it at 
http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/download/debash-1.1.tar.gz) which is intended 
to deal with exactly this problem, translating GNU-Win32 pathnames into 
DOS format.

HTH,

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"There a few things that a committee can do well. There are very many
 more things that a committee will always do badly. And killing a boar
 is one of the things that no committee should ever try at all."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".