Subject: Re: mounts, ls, and filename completion
From: [email-masked] (CyberJack)

8 Aug 1998 19:44:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Did you try 'mkdir -p bin' first and then mount the directory on it? That
appears to work fine:

CYBER@cybernet:/: mkdir -p cyber
CYBER@cybernet:/cyber: mount D:\\users\\cyber /cyber
CYBER@cybernet:/cyber: cd /
CYBER@cybernet:/: ls
RECYCLER/       cygnus.bat*     i386-cygwin32/  qub/            var@
bin/            etc@            lib/            tmp/
cyber/          home@           libexec/        usr/
CYBER@cybernet:/: cd cyber
CYBER@cybernet:/cyber: ls
abanner.zip    default.htm    metallica/     vihelp.htm
badchecks.htm  mail/          tbttrfly.gif
CYBER@cybernet:/cyber: mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
D:\users\cyber   /cyber              native      text!=binary
F:               /                   native      text=binary
CYBER@cybernet:/cyber:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
CyberJack                                 http://www.cbj.net/~cyber
David Monk                                            [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------- 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".