Subject: Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

8 Aug 1998 11:34:28 -0700
Message-ID: <35cd2bf3.713425.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Jeff Sturm <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Jeff,

You wrote:

>Why doesn't someone build a distribution of cygwin32 configured with
>all the goodies, updates, egcs, X11, etc?  There are several people at
>my organization who downloaded cygwin32 independently, and I can
>guarantee they don't know how powerful this software is.  A polished,
>quick-to-install distribution would knock their socks off... personally
>I'd jump at the chance if I were a CD maker.
I think that's a really great idea. Perhaps we could merge this
approach with the tendencies to build rpm-packages for cygwin32 and
have a installation program like linux-distributions?

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".