Subject: mounts, ls, and filename completion
From: [email-masked]

7 Aug 1998 22:03:46 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=ISO-8859-1
To: [email-masked]

I'm using B19.1, the bash.exe that comes with it, and the cygwinb19.dll that 
comes from coolview.  

a) directories that are mounted don't show up using an ls command,
b) nor does bash do file name completion on them.

That is, ls only lists subdirectories if they are subdirectories
according to the WinNT directory hierarchy.

Am I missing something, or is this inevitable?

Here is a short transcript:

-------------

bash-2.01$ pwd
/
bash-2.01$ mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
C:\DATA\0058744\non-cyg /non-cyg            native      text!=binary
C:\DATA\0058744\home /home               native      text!=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
C:\DATA\0058744\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\bin /bin                native      
text=binary
C:\\DATA\\0058744\\cygnus /                   native      text=binary
bash-2.01$ ls
H-i386-cygwin32/  include/          share/
Uninst.isu        qub/              tmp/
cygnus.bat*       root/             usr/

----

Thanks,

John Velman
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".