Subject: Linking with Exceed's X and Motif libraries
From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey P. Zimmerman)

7 Aug 1998 21:59:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Has anyone out there attempted to link with Exceed's X and Motif
libraries?  When I made the attempt, I got a huge amount of warnings and
a few errors.  Exceed requires MS Visual C/C++, with their X and Motif
resource kit, but I figured I would give it a shot with gcc.

Examples:
warning:  ignoring duplicate section `.idata$5'
warning:  ignoring duplicate section `.text'
multiple definition of `.idata$2'

I admit to having no knowledge of dlls or NT programming.  Therefore,
..idata$5 means nothing to me (assuming that even has anything to do with
dlls).  Also, please excuse my ignorance on how things link together,
etc....I'm used to easily linking in libXXX.a files.  These are XXX.lib
files with references to dlls (I checked out the symbols with nm).

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jeff
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".