Subject: A problem w/ b19 on Win98
From: [email-masked] (Juzer Kopti)

4 Aug 1998 06:42:43 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

I am having a problem on win98 [4.10.1691] w.r.t an issues mentioned in
the
FAQ.

Specifically,

"...if you are running Windows 95 and are faced with the error message
"Out of
environment space", you need to increase the amount of environment
space in your config.sys and try again.  Adding the line
`shell=C:\command.com /e:4096 /p' should do the trick if `C:' is your
system drive letter...."

My system.ini file already had the following:

shell=Explorer.exe

I placed, underneath the above,

shell=C:\command.com /e:4096 /p

And still have the exact same problem. I tried the following too:

 shell=C:\command.com /e:4096 /p
 shell=Explorer.exe

;shell=Explorer.exe
shell=C:\command.com /e:4096 /p

With both the above, the OS boots up [w/ the blue screen] but without
any ICONS
 the start menu etc. just a non-bash MS-DOS prompt. Exiting that prompt
does not
 enable the menus and icons.

Currently my system.ini file is setup as below, but this means that I
still have the
same problem described [from the FAQ] above.

shell=Explorer.exe
shell=C:\command.com /e:4096 /p

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Juzer

PS - The second HD on my system has WinNT 4.0 on which this is running
fine :-)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".