Subject: ftp client corrupts binary files with ^m ??
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Thompson)

4 Aug 1998 04:59:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I have ftp.exe installed on my system. When I get text files from other
servers ftp works OK but when I set ftp to 'bin' and get a binary file the
file comes out a little larger and (I Think) it has ^m's inserted into the
binary code, hence it does not run.

Do I need to mount everyting as "text=bin" on my system currently
everyting is text=!bin??

I do not understand how this system translates text files from unix type
to dos type.

Andrew Thompson

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".