Subject: linking gcc & vc++ object files
From: [email-masked] (David Young)

1 Aug 1998 17:52:56 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

gnu-win32:

We are linking object files generated by gcc and object files  
generated by vc++ on Windows-NT. In order to get object files  
generated by gcc to link with object files generated by VC++ we have  
to append a "@n" suffix (n seems to be always a multiple of 4) to the  
function names (in the gcc related source files) whos object  
definition is in the files generated by VC++. That's because the VC++  
generates function symbols in object files with a "@n" suffix. Note,  
this has nothing to do with C++ name mangling, all function  
definitions are wrapped in extern "C" {} ; this is an ANSI-C related  
issue.

QUESTION: What is the "@n" all about?

From the list archives, I see this question was asked on this mail  
list before, but the responses were incongruent to say the least.

Your response is very welcome.
Please cc:: your response to [email-masked] as I do not want to miss  
any input regarding this subject.

Thanks A Bunch!

David Young; vvi-dcs
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".