Subject: Re: win32 popen clone for mingw32 anyone?
From: [email-masked] (Douglas Steele)

31 Jul 1998 21:25:28 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked].
edu>, Mumit Khan <[email-masked]> writes
>I finally had a chance to try out windres on 5 different Win95 machines
>running various OS versions -- from Win95 initial to the latest and 
>greatest. I still cannot reproduce this problem. Kind of hard for me
>to fix if I can't reproduce. I'm using windres from binutils-2.9.1, so
>maybe that's the difference? I've uploaded binutils-2.9.1 for others to
>try out.
Interesting that you found binutils OK.  I was discussing the windres
problem in the context of building the R statistical system with Peter
Dalgaard ([email-masked]) and he made the following comment

"The rumors I've heard say that the problems occur with W95 OSR*1*, but
not earlier or later versions and that it works with binutils 2.9.1..."

I am currently downloading binutils to try it.

-- 
Douglas Steele
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".