Subject: i586-linux-pc -> i386-mingw32 [One man's porting experience]
From: [email-masked] (Marcus Brown)

31 Jul 1998 15:31:22 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

The other day I attempted to cross-compile egcs (1.0.2 with patches)
with Linux as a host (RedHat 5.1) and mingw32 as a target per Mhumit
Khan's instructions.  I used the binutils distribution provided with
Manhattan's SRPMS (2.9.1) which worked fine.  However after confguring
and compiling egcs I kept recieving an error when it came time to
compile objc.  A few header files from objc (runtime.h and objc-api.h)
were attempting to include stdio.h and ctype.h but I was getting the
error "file not found".  To fix this I set C_INCLUDE_PATH and
OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH to /usr/include and went at it again.  This worked at
first, but soon after while in the process of "ar"-ing the libgcc2.a
library, make bombed because ar (or ranlib don't really remember which)
said that it found some garbage characters in an assembler file.  Trying
to make the best of a situation, I then resorted to just "make install"
and believe it or not the whole thing worked perfectly.  Even the test
programs compiled and ran on NT without a hitch...Has anyone else ever
encountered anything strange when trying to do this?

TIA
Marcus
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".