Subject: Re: <sys/unistd.h> not namespace-clean
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

31 Jul 1998 15:30:59 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Charles Randall <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

On Thu, Jul 30, 1998 at 12:03:12PM -0600, Charles Randall wrote:
>> Wouldn't it make more sense to remove the variable names entirely?  That
>> completely eliminates name space pollution rather than shifting it.
>
>Yes. However, as the implementation provider the _* name space is reserved
>for you. Personally, I'd just remove the names entirely and use the _*
>namespace when you have to (for internally used functions behind macros,
>etc).

Yes.  Even though we do reserve the right to use the _name variables, that
still means *we* have to be careful not to reuse these names.

-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".