Subject: Re: Any supports for internationalization, resource bundle, or like AIX' message facility?
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

30 Jul 1998 16:40:48 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
IBM Yamato Techincal Stuff <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Nice to meet you.
>First thanks very much for all who have contributed to provide such a great
>tool.  We are to migrate a project from AIX to NT, and will buy a gnu-win32's
>redistribute license for the final products.  It all seems work smoothly.
>
>However, does anybody know if there is any supports in gnu-win32 for
>internationalization?  The application requires display messages of
>different languages according to the different Locale set up.  In AIX
>version, we use AIX' message facility(for instance, commands like
>gencat, catopen, catclose, catgets); In Java version, we use resource
>bundles.  Both can separate messages displayed by the application from
>the application itself.  But we cannot find something similar in
>gnu-win32.  Can somebody give us any hints?
>
>We are happy to see any help or suggestions, or just prove us wrong.
>Thanks a lot in advance,

The current version does not have such a capability but it is possible
that a future version will be able to do this.  Note that there is
currently no effort underway to change any of the diagnostics printed
by the .dll.  The utilities, on the other hand, may well be
"internationalized" in a future version.
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada