Subject: Re: HKEYs used for mount in NT registry
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

30 Jul 1998 16:36:31 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
bills <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Is there any way to control which HKEY is used to store mount information 
>in the registry?
>
>Poking through the registry I find mounts 00 - 1d in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 
>which have no value assigned to them, and the mounts that appear to be used 
>in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
>
>This works just fine as long as only one person uses the machine.  When 
>multiple persons are using a PC you have to set up the mounts every time a 
>different person logs on.  Keeping the mounts on 10 machines with 13 people 
>using them becomes a nightmare.

The mount table in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is global.  If you copy the mounts
from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER then these mounts will be the default mounts.
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada