Subject: adding to libc
From: [email-masked] (Michael Richardson)

30 Jul 1998 10:22:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

  I noticed the absense of C bindings for snprintf/vsnprintf.

  (There is something in libio, but I think that is C++ bindings???)

  I need these two, so I looked at sprintf.c and vsprintf.c in newlib/libc,
and found it trivial to do... I added it to the Makefile.in, and did a make.

  Okay... wait... I now need to get them added to cygwinb19.dll.
  That is part of winsup... Yes, I do have the b19.1.  I am unable to
build in winsup...
 
  I am using a Linux hosted cross development environment built with
/my/src/cdk/configure --target=i586-pc-cygwin32. That works well, I
think. I also have everything installed on my desktop, but it is just
plain too slow on NT given 32Mb in my box and 96Mb in the Linux machine.

  This is what I get when I run make in i586-pc-cygwin32/winsup. Advice
sought. I tried building the old winsup, and having done my libc patch,
it also fails. I suspect I also need to add something to user32.def and/or
cygwin.def, but I don't know for sure.
  I've backed my patches out, and now it still fails. Perhaps I was
dreaming when I thought it built before, or maybe I need to make distclean
again or something? 

cd /tools/cross/win32/build/i586-pc-cygwin32/winsup/
make -k
/u2/tools/cross/win32/build/ld/ld-new --base-file=cygwin.base -s --dll -o new-cygwinb19.dll setjmp.o longjmp.o ../libiberty/random.o ../libiberty/strsignal.o regexp/regexp.o regexp/regerror.o regexp/regsub.o assert.o console.o dcrt0.o delqueue.o dirsearch.o dlfcn.o dll_init.o environ.o exceptions.o exec.o fcntl.o fhandler.o fork.o glob.o grp.o heap.o hinfo.o init.o ioctl.o malloc.o misc.o mmap.o net.o ntea.o passwd.o path.o pinfo.o pipe.o registry.o resource.o security.o select.o shared.o signal.o sigproc.o smallprint.o spawn.o strace.o strerror.o strsep.o syscalls.o sysconf.o syslog.o termios.o times.o tty.o uinfo.o uname.o wait.o window.o datestamp.o libkernel32.a libuser32.a libgdi32.a libadvapi32.a libcomdlg32.a libnetapi32.a ../newlib/libm.a `/u2/tools/cross/win32/build/gcc/xgcc -B/u2/tools/cross/win32/build/gcc/ -idirafter /u2/tools/cross/win32/build/i586-pc-cygwin32/newlib/targ-include -idirafter /tools/gnuwin32/b19/src/cdk/newlib/libc/include -nostdinc -print-libgcc-fi!
le-name` ../newlib/libc.a `/u2/tools/cross/win32/build/gcc/xgcc -B/u2/tools/cross/win32/build/gcc/ -idirafter /u2/tools/cross/win32/build/i586-pc-cygwin32/newlib/targ-include -idirafter /tools/gnuwin32/b19/src/cdk/newlib/libc/include -nostdinc -print-libgcc-file-name` -e _dll_entry@12
libkernel32.a(ds43.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libkernel32_a'
libkernel32.a(ds22.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libkernel32_a'
libkernel32.a(ds582.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libkernel32_a'
libkernel32.a(ds188.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libkernel32_a'
libkernel32.a(ds458.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libkernel32_a'
libkernel32.a(ds196.o)(.idata$7+0x0): more undefined references to `_head_libkernel32_a' follow
libuser32.a(ds375.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libuser32_a'
libuser32.a(ds36.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libuser32_a'
libuser32.a(ds269.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libuser32_a'
libuser32.a(ds487.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libuser32_a'
libuser32.a(ds288.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libuser32_a'
libuser32.a(ds284.o)(.idata$7+0x0): more undefined references to `_head_libuser32_a' follow
libadvapi32.a(ds64.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libadvapi32_a'
libadvapi32.a(ds75.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libadvapi32_a'
libadvapi32.a(ds73.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libadvapi32_a'
libadvapi32.a(ds198.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libadvapi32_a'
libadvapi32.a(ds217.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_libadvapi32_a'
libadvapi32.a(ds225.o)(.idata$7+0x0): more undefined references to `_head_libadvapi32_a' follow
make: *** [new-cygwinb19.dll] Error 1

  

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".