Subject: RE: gcc on ALPHA NT
From: [email-masked] (Jason Zions)

29 Jul 1998 04:47:26 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Darren Christophersen'" <[email-masked]>,
        "'gnu-win32'" <[email-masked]>

Softway Systems did a great deal of work on 2.7.2 to make it work on the
Alpha architecture under Windows NT. While the work we did is primarily
focused on generation of binaries for Interix, as far as we know all of it
works for generation of Win32 binaries as well. (The only difference the
compiler/linker care about is a couple of bits in the NT-PE header.)

Source (and intel binaries) is available from
ftp://gateway.interix.com/~ftp/tw/unsup/gnu

We'd love it if the changes (and bug fixes, of which there were lots) made
it back into the egcs or gcc master distribution.

Jason Zions
Softway Systems, Inc.
Interix: A platform supporting UNIX systems applications on Windows NT

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Christophersen
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 1998 1:20 AM
To: 'gnu-win32'
Subject: gcc on ALPHA NT

I know from looking through the archive that this conversation was had at
the
beginning of the year but :)

Has anyone seen or heard of the cygnus tools on ALPHA NT?  I am especially
keen to get a version of gcc/g++ for ALPHA NT.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".