Subject: B19: problem running DLLTOOL on NT4.0 on a drive that the dlltool is not installed on
From: [email-masked] (john biro)

28 Jul 1998 23:23:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi,

I am having trouble running DLLTOOL on a NT4.0 dual P2(200) platform,
and on a dual boot (c: win95 d:NT4.0).

The DLLTOOL will work if it is run from the same drive that the DLLTOOL
is
installed on, or a partition on that same disk.
(c:\cygnus\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\ )

If however I move my script to another drive on the same system then the

DLLTOOL dumps many *.o files
(dh.o, dh.s, dh0.o, dh1.o, dh10.o ......... etc. until you break out of
the program)

I tried it on a dual boot (c: win95, d: nt4.0) and no matter which disk
I try to
use DLLTOOL it dumps many *.o files.

The path is right as it can see the DLLTOOL and the gcc etc. tools.

I am using PERL (makedll.pl) to make the $PLILIB.dll, but I have also
tried it
as a command line on a dos window and it does the same thing,

..... begin perl code fragment
print "Building $PLILIB.a library ...    ";
system "dlltool --as=as --dllname $PLILIB.dll --def $PLILIB.def
--output-lib $PLILIB.a";
check_status($?);
.... end perl code fragment

thanks john

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".