Subject: Re: Can't do "chmod +x" with recent coolview?
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

28 Jul 1998 01:12:56 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <5010400025301476000002L062*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <5010400025301476000002L062*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>,
Craig Setera <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I downloaded one of the more recent coolview releases from Sergey onto NT and
>now I am unable to "chmod +x" a shell script.  Although the script will run
>from the command line (sort of), the program that wants to call the script
>checks the permission set and finds that it isn't executable.  It complains and
>quits.  What am I missing that is required to add executable permissions to a
>shell script?  On the flip side... the waitpid() hangs that I was seeing are
>now fixed... Thanks for that!

Are you running on a FAT partition, perhaps?  If so, you'll have to set
CYGWIN32=ntea to restore the previous behavior.
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada