Subject: multithread-safe applications in cygwin32
From: [email-masked] (Peter Mularski)

27 Jul 1998 17:17:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "GNU-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

Hello,

I have just been banging my head against a wall trying to write a
multithreaded application for cygwin32. Is this possible, and if so, how? I
notice that none of the reentrant standard library calls are supported.
Also, the MS _beginthread and _endthread calls, which are also supposed to
provide a reentrant interface are not supported. How is it possible to do a
multithreaded program with cygwin? ming is not an option, since I need the
UNIX emulation layer. Any ideas?

Peter Mularski
CLARiiON

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".