Subject: Can't do "chmod +x" with recent coolview?
From: [email-masked] (Craig Setera)

27 Jul 1998 12:41:13 -0700
Message-ID: <5010400025301476000002L062*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: <[email-masked]>

I downloaded one of the more recent coolview releases from Sergey onto NT and
now I am unable to "chmod +x" a shell script.  Although the script will run
from the command line (sort of), the program that wants to call the script
checks the permission set and finds that it isn't executable.  It complains and
quits.  What am I missing that is required to add executable permissions to a
shell script?  On the flip side... the waitpid() hangs that I was seeing are
now fixed... Thanks for that!

Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".