Subject: GNUMAKE help...
From: [email-masked] (John G. Alvord)

27 Jul 1998 05:02:10 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

 I have spent a couple days trying to use the GNUmake Cygnus binary
(19.1beta) and have run into a puzzle I can't solve. If someone could
supply a clue, I will be on my way fixing the bug or supplying the
needed option.

I am in a NT environment, porting a fairly large UNIX/OS2 make file
suite. The last problem seems to be that the make processing does not
recognize the  case insensitivity of the NT file system.  I have a list
of target files, expressed all in lower case ala unix. The files exist
on NT but are mostly upper case internally (because they come from a
source archive that keeps them in upper case). A pattern rule can't find
them. When I make a copy of the files involved, and copy one back so it
has a lower case name... then the pattern rule triggers. I can't just
rename them all to lower case because the rename command belives that
filename and FILENAME are the same and refuses to do the deed.

I would appreciate any hints.

I have read all the doc, and some of the source (main.c/read.c/job.c)
and can't find any references. I am running using MAKE_MODE=UNIX because
I need the sh.exe facilities.

Thanks for your time!!

john
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".