Subject: MP and recursive fortran
From: [email-masked] (William M. Mullins)

25 Jul 1998 00:20:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "\"[email-masked]\"" <[email-masked]>

To whoever may be interested:

For anyone interested in multi-precision calculations using cygwin32 or
recursive fortran.

gmp-2.0.2 compiles right out-of-the-box (OOB) and passes all the tests. 
Though is works, it lacks most trasendentals used for many calculations.

NASA'a 'mpfunc' (if f77 for ieee) compiles OOB with the egcs g77 and
passes all tests.  It also includes many transendental functions.  The
companion 'transmp', which translates f77 source to make all the
calculations MP, is also in fortran but uses recursion (??????? which
some compilers seem to allow ???????).  To get around this: 1) use f2c
to translate the program to c; 2) for the recursive function, edit all
of the variable declarations to remove the 'static' keywords that f2c
likes; 3) compile/link with gcc -lf2c -lm.  It runs with no problems and
passes all tests.

This is simply a bit of trivia I though some one may find useful.

W. M. Mullins
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".