Subject: RE: Filename globbing with non-Cygwin parents...
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

24 Jul 1998 22:41:56 -0700
Message-ID: <01BDB6F9.65CE4210.cygnus.gnu-win32@WOLF>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "'Robertson, Jason V'"
	 <[email-masked]>

Robertson, Jason V wrote:
> I just did more investigating and I think I understand why non-Cygwin
> parents will cause children to glob the commandline arguments.  If the 
PID
> environment variable were still used in b19.1 (it's not - correct?) 
instead
> of the shared_info structure I could fake out children that I'm a Cygnus
> application.

The PID environment variable isn't used. Cygwin's start-up code compares 
win32 PID of the application with the ones stored in cygwin's process 
table. If no match was found, the application thinks that it was started by 
non-cygwin parent and performs globbing.

> Or is there a better way to turn off globbing in children?  I would also

Set environment variable CYGWIN32 to "noglob".

> need a way for a non-Cygwin application to determine if its parent is a
> Cygwin application.
>

I know no way.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Piscataway, NJ

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".