Subject: sed 3.01 is many times faster than 2.05 under B19.1/Win95
From: [email-masked] (Pavel Roskin)

24 Jul 1998 22:03:24 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello!

I have noticed that configure scripts work very slowly under Windows 95
with Cygnus-B19.1 compared with Linux on the same machine (Pentium-100,
16 Mb RAM, HDD Seagate 1.2G). Now sed-3.01 is out
(ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/). It compiles without warnings for Cygwin and
works several times faster!
It has also a feature specially useful for Windows, namely
non-case-sensitive search. I think, the next Cygwin release should
include the latest sed.

Pavel Roskin
ECsoft
London, UK
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".