Subject: Can't run env make when b19 installed in hard disk!
From: [email-masked] (Earl Chew)

24 Jul 1998 11:04:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I've got b19 upgraded with coolview cygwinb19.dll.

When installed on a remote Unix server and accessed via Microsoft
file sharing, things work fine --- albeit a little slowly. In particular
the following command works:

	% env make
	make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

When I install cygwin on my local hard disk, things run faster,
but env make doesn't work!

	% env make ; echo $?
	126

(I tried running make without env, and it works ok. I use env because
 I can't figure out a way to easily clean out environment variables
 using bash alone.)

I turned on strace in the two different configurations. In the one
that doesn't work I see:

....
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\env.exe 1001 (0)
delqueue_list::process_queue: Running delqueue
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) proc_terminate: nchildren
= 0, nzombies = 0
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) proc_terminate: leaving
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) spawn_guts: spawned
windows pid 182
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) wait_sig: subproc_ready
0x5C
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) system_printf:
(e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001) spawn_guts wait failed:
handle = 30, pid =1001, winpid = 198
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) _write: -1 = write (2,
0x240F828, 5)
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) _write: -1 = write (2,
0x100533C3, 1)
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1001 (0) do_exit: do_exit (126)
....

In the configuration that does work, I see:

....
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\env.exe 1000 (0)
delqueue_list::process_queue: Running delqueue
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) proc_terminate: nchildren
= 0, nzombies = 0
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) proc_terminate: leaving
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) spawn_guts: spawned
windows pid 211
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) environ_init:
!EXITCODE=00000000
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) environ_init: !C:=C:\
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) environ_init: !E:=E:\
e:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) environ_init:
!Z:=Z:\cygwin32\b19\H-i386-cygwin32
....

Earl
-- 
>----------------------------------------------------------------------+
> Earl Chew                              mailto:[email-masked]       |
> Hewlett-Packard Australia              Tel:   +61 3 9210 5528        |
> Advanced Networks Division             Fax:   +61 3 9210 5550        |
> 347 Burwood Highway                    GPS:   37 51'46"S 145 10'03"E |
> Burwood East, Victoria 3151, Australia                               |
>----------------------------------------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".